E-M:/ World CO2 Emissions to Rise 75 Pct by 2030 - EIA

Hi Team,

Planet Ark (below) is a good source of international environmental news. The first article below is a shocker!  We have much work to do.

Global emissions of CO2 will hit 43.7 billion tonnes in 2030, up from 25 billion tonnes in 2003, the Energy Information Administration said in its annual forecast.

World Environment News - June 21st, 2006 from Planet Ark

Here are today's Reuters 'World Environment News' headlines,
proudly brought to you by Planet Ark.

Doing environmental research? Search our news archives at:
http://www.planetark.org/searchhome.cfm

TODAY'S NEWS STORIES:

US:
World CO2 Emissions to Rise 75 Pct by 2030 - EIA
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36924/story.htm

US:
Dupont, BP Link up for Biofuels Production
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36923/story.htm

US:
Valero Cleans N.J. Pools, Cars After Oil Cloud
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36920/story.htm

UK:
Giant Eco-Flower is Urban Oasis for Londoners
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36928/story.htm

SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS:
Greenpeace Activists Arrested at Caribbean Whale Meet
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36915/story.htm

PAKISTAN:
Pakistani Water War Ends After 14 Killed
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36930/story.htm

NORWAY:
INTERVIEW - Norway Sees North Sea as CO2 Dump, But Legal Hurdles
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36917/story.htm

NEW ZEALAND:
NZ's Rank Group Looking to Sell Forests - Source
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36929/story.htm

MADAGASCAR:
Africa Gets New Reserve as Eco-Conference Starts
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36918/story.htm

MADAGASCAR:
INTERVIEW - Liberia Seeks Prosperity From Blood-Stained Forests
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36916/story.htm

INDONESIA:
Landslides, Floods Kill 27 in Indonesia
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36926/story.htm

INDIA:
FEATURE - Indian Plan to Dam Northeast Rivers Stirs Critics
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36919/story.htm

GUATEMALA:
Thousand-Mile Waves Damage Central American Coast
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36925/story.htm

CUBA:
Cuba Plans Big Increase in Ethanol Production
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36927/story.htm

BRAZIL:
Brazil's Biodiesel Program May Have Found Its Way
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36922/story.htm

BELGIUM:
EU, US to Agree "Urgent" Action on Climate Change
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/36921/story.htm

ENVIRONMENTAL NEWS PICTURES:

US:
Smoke is Seen as the Brins Fire Continues to Burn
http://www.planetark.com/envpicstory.cfm/newsid/36931

PHILIPPINES:
Students Cover Their Heads During an Earthquake Drill
http://www.planetark.com/envpicstory.cfm/newsid/36932

INDIA:
People Collect Drinking Water From a Tank
http://www.planetark.com/envpicstory.cfm/newsid/36934

INDIA:
Security Personnel Inspect a Tunnel Site
http://www.planetark.com/envpicstory.cfm/newsid/36935

GREECE:
Youngsters Play on a Beach
http://www.planetark.com/envpicstory.cfm/newsid/36933

GERMANY:
Workers Set up Photovoltaic Panels
http://www.planetark.com/envpicstory.cfm/newsid/36937

CHINA:
A Chinese Couple Sits in Front of a Windmill
http://www.planetark.com/envpicstory.cfm/newsid/36936

This service is brought to you thanks to sponsorship from Reuters
- check them out at www.reuters.com