apologies for multiple postings
Registration Available Now for GLREA's
System Integrator Certification Course
July 19-21, 2006
GLREA Energy Demonstration Center, Dimondale, MI
This 3-day course in a classroom setting is for PV-experienced individuals in the utility industry, building and engineering professions, state and local inspection agencies, electrical contracting and for current practitioners in the renewable energy or distributed generation field.
This program expands on the training of GLREA?s PV Apprentice Course and provides advanced training that builds professional proficiency in optimal photovoltaic system design, application, business management and ethics for meeting the requirements of electric utility, state and local electrical standards.
The GLREA Professional Certification Board is committed to the long-term success of professionals through this program which addresses these goals and activities:
- Train practitioners in advanced topics of systems design and performance standards,
including PV array/inverter matching, inverter interconnections with single and three-phase power systems, busbar loading, mechanical supports and other design and application practices.
- Provide systems integrators with in-class PV systems design practice.
- Train practitioners in PV related issues of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Give PV practitioners tools for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining PV systems.
- Familiarize practitioners with utility interconnection, building and zoning, and electrical permit processes.
- Update practitioners on current technologies, new products and code revisions through continued education.
- Provide training for inspectors to enable them to approve grid-tied distributed generation energy systems.
- Train utility personnel in
inverter technologies and utility systems interconnection
Successful completion of GLREA?s PV Apprentice program including a passing grade on the PV apprentice exam and submission of three complete PV systems designs, OR
Special approval of the GLREA Professional Certification Board
- Course Completion Requirements
Successful completion of a 50 question in-class exam
Full GLREA Certification also requires submission of work experience documentation on a minimum of 10 PV systems for a total power of 5 kilowatts. This documentation can be provided after completion of all other requirements.
Robert Pratt, PE: Owner and President of RGP Pro, Inc. and previously Principle Engineer specializing in energy systems and photovoltaic technologies for 36 years at DTE Energy.
GLREA Energy Center : 257 South Bridge St., Dimondale, MI 48821
· Phone: 800-434-9788
· Non-members: $500.00 · Members: $475.00
· Includes all books and references