E-M:/ From Carl Pope: Taking Initiative: Abdication in Detroit

Sierra Club’s Executive Director Carl Pope slams Ford’s decision to abandon the goal of selling 250,000 hybrid vehicles per year by the end of the decade.  Read his analysis at:

http://www.sierraclub.org/carlpope/2006/07/abdication-in-detroit_05.asp

Anne Woiwode, State Director

Sierra Club Mackinac (Michigan) Chapter

109 E. Grand River Avenue, Lansing, MI 48906

517-484-2372   fax 517-484-3108

Enjoy, Explore and Protect -  www.michigan.sierraclub.org

"We know what to do. We have everything we need save the political will - which is, after all, a renewable resource. This is the time. This our moral moment and [I am confident] we will rise to the occasion." Former Vice President Albert Gore, at the Sierra Club Summit, September 2005