************************

From: Kory J. Groetsch [mailto:GroetschK@michigan.gov]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 2:19 PM
To: Rita Jack
Cc: Sheilda Braddock

Hi Rita,

First Ward Community Center is actually conducting the event.  I believe they are using the following highlights for this event:

Fish Smart – Eat Smart – Day in the Park

Ø      All about fishing and taking a new look at the Saginaw River and how to enjoy it safely.

Ø      The Saginaw River system has a great number of recreational opportunities including fishing.  We will have Pro Bass Angler Sean Galloway at the park to talk with everyone who loves to fish.

Ø      At this Event will be the following opportunities for attendees:

o       To make their own bass and walleye spinner bates

o       To talk with Pro Angler Shawn Galloway about fish tips, strategies and casting Techniques to catch more bass, walleye and other species from the Saginaw River.

o       To learn the history of Saginaw River and other valuable information.

o       Raffles, Prizes and a Free Fish Lunch

The health messages will include the Fish Consumption Advisory (3 new brochures we plan to distribute) and the e-coli advisory (local health department).  The history will include information about the current levels of chemical contamination and what is being done about that contamination.

Thanks for asking,

Kory

>>> "Rita Jack" <rita.jack@sierraclub.org> 07/24/06 1:57 PM >>>

Hi Kory,

Do you have more information about this event that we can post to Enviro-Mich to help get the word out?

Thanks – Rita

MDCH Community Event

This Thursday from 9am to 1pm in Morley Plaza Downtown Saginaw Michigan Department of Community Health will be hosting activities for the public to answer questions about safe fishing, fish consumption and the fish advisories on our local rivers and Bay. Please plan on attending.  If you have questions please call Kory Groetsch at MDCH 517-335-9935 or  groetschk@michigan.gov