E-M:/ Hine's Emerald Dragonfly, endangered in Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin and Missouri

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), propose to
designate critical habitat for the Hine's emerald dragonfly
(Somatochlora hineana) pursuant to the Endangered Species Act of 1973,
as amended (Act). In total, approximately 27,689 acres (ac) (11,205
hectares (ha)) fall within the boundaries of the proposed critical
habitat designation in 49 units located in Cook, DuPage, and Will
Counties in Illinois; Alpena, Mackinac, and Presque Isle Counties in
Michigan;
Dent, Iron, Morgan, Phelps, Reynolds, Ripley, Shannon,
Washington, and Wayne Counties in Missouri; and Door and Ozaukee
Counties in Wisconsin. We are, however, considering excluding all 26
units in Missouri and 2 units in Michigan from the critical habitat
designation.
If made final, this proposal may result in additional
requirements under section 7 of the Act for Federal agencies. No
additional requirements are expected for non-Federal actions. The
Service seeks comments on all aspects of this proposal from the public.

DATES: Comments: We will accept comments from all interested parties
until September 25, 2006. Public Hearing: We have scheduled one
informational meeting followed by a public hearing for August 15, 2006.
The informational meeting will be held from 6 to 7 p.m., followed by a
public hearing from 7:15 to 9 p.m.

ADDRESSES: Comments: If you wish to comment, you may submit your comments
and materials concerning this proposal by any one of several methods:
    1. You may submit written comments and information to John Rogner,
Field Supervisor, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Chicago, Illinois
Ecological Services Field Office, 1250 S. Grove, Suite 103, Barrington,
Illinois 60010.

Full notice at:

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20061800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2006/pdf/06-6244.pdf

Alex J. Sagady & Associates        http://www.sagady.com

Prospectus at:  http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf

657 Spartan Ave,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com