E-M:/ Sierra Club 2nd Annual Green Cruise

Join Sierra Club for it’s

2nd Annual

GREEN CRUISE

Saturday, August 12 at 1pm

Be a Lean Green Cruisin’ Machine!

Wear Green, Dress Up in Costumes, Decorate Your Bike – Be Creative!

More information and the news advisory can be found at, www.sierraclub.org/community/oakland/green_cruise.asp

Parade Begins at 1pm

Meet on 9 Mile, west of Woodward in Ferndale at 12:45pm

Park behind Charter One Bank on Breckenridge (just north of Nine Mile and west of Woodward)

Rally and Prizes Announced at 3pm

Ferndale City Hall Parking Lot, east of Woodward on 9 Mile

What is the Green Cruise?

Sierra Club organizes the Green Cruise to celebrate alternative forms of transportation that do not burn fossil fuels by celebrating the people that use these alternatives – walkers, canoers, bikers, runners, rollerbladers, hikers, swimmers, etc.

Let us know what form of green transportation you will be using (bike, walk, canoe, skies, etc.).  Email Melissa at melissa.damaschke@sierraclub.org.

Take the Green Cruise Pledge...

Sign the Green Cruise Pledge and receive special recognition and qualify to win cool prizes.  (Make sure to complete and send in the form by Friday, August 4.  Directions on Pledge Form.)

The Pledge (print off form here)

In an effort to save money, keep myself personally fit, and make our air safe to breathe, I promise to walk, rollerblade, hike, run, canoe, kayak, and/or ride my bike at least once a week.

Benefits of Taking the Green Cruise Pledge:

By agreeing to use green forms of transportation during your commute at least once a week, you will reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, save money, keep yourself physically fit, and have fun!  You will also receive a cool “Green Cruiser” ribbon to wear as well as become eligible to be the 2006 Green Cruiser of the Year and to win cool prizes at the Green Cruise on Saturday, August 12.

Order a Green Cruise T-Shirt:

T-shirts are made out of 100% organic cotton and made in the USA (American Apparel).  If you want to order a t-shirt, order it from Melissa by Friday, July 21.  Email size and quantity with name, phone number, and address to melissa.damaschke@sierraclub.org.  (NOTE:  T-shirts cost $12.)

THANK YOU SPONSORS:  Whole Foods, Relationship Institute, Orvis, The Bosco, Modern Skate & Surf, Johnson Controls, Moosejaw, Royal Oak Animal Hospital, and Veggies in Motion

SPREAD THE WORD!  TELL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

P.S.  WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!  Please email Melissa if you are available to volunteer at the Green Cruise.  Also, if you are part of another group and would like flyers to take to your next meeting, contact Melissa and she will gladly send some (please include amount).

Melissa Damaschke

Sierra Club Conservation Organizer

100 North Crooks Road, Suite 105

Clawson, MI 48017

Phone:  248-435-5277

www.sierraclub.org/community/oakland

Join us at the 2nd Annual Green Cruise on Saturday, August 12!

www.sierraclub.org/community/oakland/green_cruise.asp