From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
[mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of
Craig_Riley@URSCorp.com
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:28 PM
To: Rita Jack
Cc: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net; owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: RE: E-M:/ FW: Nothing to celebrate while gas prices so high

Enviro-Mich message from Craig_Riley@URSCorp.com

I would say it certainly has curbed their driving and consumption.

For anyone who has traveled overseas we need look no further than the vast
amount of mass transit they have, walkers, bikers, and most obviously (to
me as a Detroiter) are the models of cars (size factor) on the road.  One
can easily notice a certain absence of some of the Big 3 models that you
would normally see here (a Ford Explorer looks like an urban tank), while
at the same time notice some Big 3 models on European roads that are not
available here.  For example, I recall a Ford Mondero (???) I saw
frequently in Spain.

Their driving habits and types of cars are far different than here.

             "Rita Jack"
             <rita.jack@sierra
             club.org>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  <enviro-mich@great-lakes.net>
             owner-enviro-mich                                          cc
             @great-lakes.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: E-M:/ FW: Nothing to celebrate
             07/27/2006 12:00          while gas prices so high
             PM

             Please respond to
                "Rita Jack"
             <rita.jack@sierra
                 club.org>

Enviro-Mich message from "Rita Jack" <rita.jack@sierraclub.org>

Lest there be more confusion, please note I was only passing on the
Governor's press release, and I didn't add my own opinion to it!

Though it hits me square in the pocketbook because I do a LOT of driving
for
the work I do (tomorrow to Menominee County, this past Tuesday to Huron
County), I also still agree with the need for higher gas prices, or rather,
higher taxation, that reflect the true cost.  I've not researched it, I
admit this, but I understand that Europeans pay much more for their fuel
that we do.  Can anyone share if that's curbed their driving and other
consumption over the years?

-Rita

Rita Jack
Water Sentinels Project, Sierra Club Michigan Chapter
tel:  517-484-2372

Make all Michigan's waters fishable and swimmable.