"There is now stronger evidence than ever of human-induced climate
change," the report says.|
New Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement report on Lake Erie warns:
- The surface area of the lake, now covering 9,910 square miles,
will be reduced by about 2,200 square miles.
- The water level will drop between 6 inches and 32 inches and
could fall by up to 39 inches by 2070.
- The average water temperature of the lake will rise by 2 degrees
to 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lake evaporation will rise 8% to 22%.
- Winter ice coverage will dip 53% to 86%.
- New islands already are appearing in the western basin, close to