E-M:/ RE: / Global Warming vs. Morality

Mary and Enviro-Micher’s,

For an excellent framing of the ETHICAL issues on climate change read Donald Brown’s excellent: “American Heat: Ethical Problems with the US Response to Global Warming (2002). I have felt this is a moral issue for years. Brown uses several different ethical frameworks for analyzing the US response. While philosophically  based, this is written for any educated layperson. Brown was as US representative to global talks on ozone and climate and now runs a state of Pennsylvania office on environment. Brown does a good job in a short lecture on sharing the science and the ethical frameworks. We had him here for a talk in 2003. He’d come visit any place to help generate conversation. A very kind and thoughtful soul too I might add.

All good things,

terry

Terry Link, Director

Office of Campus Sustainability