Re: E-M:/ Global Warming vs. Morality

Dear Mary and enviro-micher's,

Thank you for your heartfelt thoughts, Mary. Hopefully more people will come out of Gore's movie impassioned to speak to others, and to do something! For me, every decision that is made about air,    soil, water, and energy is a moral one--because these 4 elements are a sacred commons given to all creatures. Everything is connected, and every action, small and large, counts in the economy/ecology (oikos, Greek for household) of Life.  Does that make me conservative?? -:)
Thank for blowing holes in the labels that divide us!

There are 2 faith-based (moral/ethical) responses to global warming that I know of:
Between October 1-8th, The Regeneration Project is trying to get 3500 showings and discussion of    "The Inconvenient Truth" in schools, churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, and community centers. Besides the free DVD, there is a discussion packet, handouts, and promotional materials (also free).        If anyone would like to see Gore's movie shown and discussed in their local congregation in Michigan, please contact me at: voices4earth@juno.com, and I will work with you to set it up and/or facilitate it. Or you may go to The Regeneration Project web site (above.) The national coordinator is Michael Reid: reidcdsp@yahoo.com

Thank you,
Patty Gillis, Coordinator, MI Interfaith Climate and Energy Campaign/Voices for Earth Justice