E-M:/ Terry Miller Midland Daily News

Forum: Looking for more than words; it's time for action
Midland Daily News
8/6/06

Guest Columnist: Terry Miller Lone Tree Council

 On May 13, 2006, the News carried a front-page story by Kathie Marchlewski entitled "Environmentalists encouraged by Dow plan."

    The context was the May Dow/DEQ meeting informing the public of progress on the Tittabawassee River floodplain cleanup. As the summer wears down, and another public meeting is about to take place, the gentle reader must allow me a bit of a rant. I was the unfortunate source of that optimism.

Another snip:

We are talking about chemical trespass here folks, why should there be a debate? Residents did not ask for dioxin in their backyards. Nor should they be expected to live with some compromised dioxin number different from background.