E-M:/ how is the environmental movement doing?

Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davedem@hotmail.com>

Provocative questions from this week's guest speaker on Great Lakes Town Hall --

"One of the recent questions I?ve been asked frequently is really more of a complicated string of questions: Why are there so many different groups? Why does there seem to be competition between some groups? Why isn?t the work that is being done more focused and coordinated?"

"Would the environmental ?movement? be more effective if we attempted more collaborations and coalitions? Sure, there are many already, especially in the Great Lakes, but should this be our top priority? Would that attract the groundswell of public support we need to really make a difference? Or should we simply continue to attempt to explain that we aren?t uncoordinated and unfocused? I am interested in knowing if this is a common question. If that?s the case, I am interested in knowing what other responses have been made. And are the questioners more ?right? than I originally thought? If so, what does that mean we should be doing?"

http://greatlakestownhall.org/opinion/guest.php?forumid=3&topicid=406&postid=&topicsubject=&dontscroll=1#thisweekspeaker