From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
[mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of TANYA J CABALA
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:25 AM
To: Ishgooda; enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: RE: E-M:/ Bottle-return debate

-
Enviro-Mich message from "TANYA J CABALA" <tcabala@charter.net>
-

I tend to agree that the present setup is not the best situation, but
outside of setting up more of an overall community mechanism for
returnables (as well as recycling, re-use), I have no solutions to
offer.

I walk daily and find an amazingly large number of beer cans and
bottles, some pop cans, fairly regularly.  On one day, I found a grand
total of 15 new cans and bottles left on the streets of my small
community.  I also find many, many water, sports drinks and other
non-returnable bottles.  I don't see many people picking up returnables
these days. And other items have even less chance of being picked up.

Tanya Cabala