Re: E-M:/ Bottle-return debate

Sorry about the misconception.  I wasn't attempting to say that the current system is a "legitimate problem", which, despite a variety of shortcomings, IS successful.  Rather, I was suggesting that implementing a means to improve upon the state's poor recycling system and resource management practices is a legitimate problem.  Expecting modifications to the bottle bill to fix all of those problems is certainly asking too much and "best practices" improvements to the system are not likely forthcoming.  Hence the "penny plan" is a reasonable, next best alternative approach to address issues of recycling and litter simultaneously.