E-M:/ Message from Robert Redford on Arctic Wildlife Reserve

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:04:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Robert Redford, NRDC Action Fund" <members@nrdcaction.org>
To: ajs@sagady.com
Subject: Bringing the Arctic Refuge into homes across America

Dear NRDC Member,

With the U.S. Senate heading for a showdown vote on the Arctic National
Wildlife Refuge, I wish I could sit down with you and other supporters to
explain the enormous challenge we face over the next six weeks.

Since I can't do that, I've done the next best thing and recorded a short video
message about the critical situation at hand. I hope you'll watch this two-
minute video right away.

Then I need you to take an extra step to save the Arctic Refuge by passing this
video on to your friends and colleagues. They need to know that drilling the
Arctic -- and destroying our natural heritage -- will not save us money at the
pump or make us more secure.

Our goal: to reach into homes across America over the next two weeks, so that
when the make-or-break vote comes after Labor Day, we can spring into action
one million strong and defeat Big Oil's agenda.

Click here to view the video and pass it on to others:

http://www.nrdcactionfund.org/tellafriend.asp

We've got no time to lose.

The House recently passed the so-called "American-Made Energy and Good Jobs
Act" (H.R. 5429), which would stuff the oil companies' already bloated coffers
with billions more in profits.

And it would destroy the Arctic Refuge for the sake of oil that won't make a
dent in gas prices or wean us off Persian Gulf oil.

A version of this Arctic wildlife destruction bill is now headed for a vote in
the U.S. Senate sometime in September. Please help us mobilize one million
Americans to stop this bill in its tracks.

http://www.nrdcactionfund.org/tellafriend.asp

I know how many times you've helped us block President Bush's relentless drive
to destroy the Arctic Refuge.

But the political reality is this: the White House can afford to lose this
fight repeatedly. But we cannot afford to lose once -- or else the greatest
living reminder of our natural heritage will die forever.

Please help us prevent this disaster from coming to pass by helping us build a
nationwide army of opposition.

http://www.nrdcactionfund.org/tellafriend.asp

And thank you for fighting to keep the Arctic wild and free.

Sincerely,

Robert Redford
NRDC Action Fund

657 Spartan Ave,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com