E-M:/ Environmental Caucus this weekend at the MDP Convention

Enviro-Mich message from "Jeff Irwin" <irwina2@excite.com>

Democrats!!:

Come to the Environmental Caucus of the Michigan Democratic Party with Special Guest Steve Chester.

When: 10am, This Saturday, August 26th
Where: Cobo Hall Room: W2 64
Why: Join other active Dems in setting our environmental platform and organizing to elect pro-environment Democrats this fall. Also, come and hear first hand from policy-makers and politicians about the challenges facing environmental protection in Michigan.

Special Guest: STEVE CHESTER, Director, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality

Agenda:

1. Introductions
2. Resolutions **
3. Special Guest Steve Chester
4. Election of Officers
5. Other speakers (we hope to open the floor if time allows to have speakers address the caucus. At the last convention, numerous public luminaries including Sen. Stabenow and Governor Granholm stopped by and I hope that if they have time, we will see them again at the Environmental Caucus.)

**: Resolutions will be considered from the floor, any advance submissions should be sent to irwina2@excite.com before 5pm Friday August 25th - otherwise, bring about 100 copies of your resolution and we'll consider it!

The schedule for the entire Democratic Party Convention can be found here: http://www.michigandems.com/convention/agenda.pdf

Jeff Irwin
Washtenaw County Commissioner
11th District