Re: E-M:/ A caustic warning

Enviro-Mich message from "Robert Isaac" <rjisaac@gmail.com>

     If America loses 20 percent of its oil imports -- on top of steep
depletion rates elsewhere (Mexico, the North Sea), plus political
trouble in places like Nigeria and Venezuela -- then we can kiss goodbye
a whole roster of things like WalMart, easy motoring on the interstate
highway system, Walt Disney World, a continued profitable build-out of
suburbia, and a diet of Cheez Doodles and Pepsi. I am on record, of
course, as not being in favor of these things, but it would be very
messy indeed if they all ground to a halt in a few mere months.

What's wrong with losing WalMart, Disney World, suburbia, and cheese doodles? What political trouble is happening in Venezuela that our country isn't instigating? ( http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,688071,00.html ).

We are putting no thought, meanwhile,
into how we will grow our food in an energy-scarce future, how we will
conduct manufacturing and trade, or how we will heat all the McHouses.

How will we conduct manufacturing and trade, is the phrase that lumps him into the very same people that he is bashing. He obviously wants the same _flawed_ system to continue. Letting him have his cake and eat it, too.