E-M:/ Ward Walters, Drug & Lab owner killed in plane crash

Friends,
It is with great sorrow that I share that I just received word that Drug and Lab President and owner, Ward Walters and his wife died in a plane crash.  I have no details, but received word through my Mother-in-law who spoke directly to Ward's son late this afternoon.

Ward was very instrumental in helping me and extension staff from Traverse City (Jeff DeHaan) initiating the Michigan Clean Sweep of unusable agricultural pesticides when I was with the Mich Toxic Substance Control Commission.  As you all know he helped  many communities with Household Haz waste collections.  I fondly remember working the UP with Ward and numerous late evening dinners on the road in the UP.

Ward will be missed.  It has been an honor to have known and worked with him.

I'm sure notes of sympathy would be appreciated. Below is the company address:
Drug and Lab
331 Broad Street
Plainwell, MI 49080
Regards,