E-M:/ Rain garden workshop and tour Sept 9

Enviro-Mich message from "thornapple river" <thornapple@hotmail.com>

Rain Garden Workshop and Tour

September 9, Saturday, 2006

9 a.m. to noon

WMEAC offices (at the Center of the Universe)

1007 Lake Dr. SE , Grand Rapids, Michigan 49506

Please join us at the offices of West Michigan Environmental Action Council for an hour-long introduction to rain gardens; then come along with us on a two-hour tour, to see some of the lovely local rain garden projects. Our offices are in the first zero-stormwater discharge commercial site in Grand Rapids. School projects, commercial sites, big and small, we will see the whole spectrum in rain gardens.

The $25 fee goes to support the rain garden program. Please bring a check (or cash) to the door, made out to WMEAC-RAINGARDENS. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m.

9 a.m.-10 a.m., rain garden workshop; learn about rain gardens, how to construct one, the beautiful native plants to use and where to get them, and more. We will serve fair trade coffee and snacks.

10:30 a.m.-noon, visit the beautiful rain gardens behind our offices and see our green roof, then join us on a local tour (we will carpool) of all kinds of nearby rain gardens! We will visit a school, some homes, and three commercial buildings. If it's raining, bring your umbrella and see the rain gardens in action.

To Register,

Call 616-451-3051 ext. 29

or email patricia@raingardens.org

You can pay at the door, but please pre-register so we know who is coming! Leave us name, phone number, email, and mailing address. Thanks!

http://www.raingardens.org
http://www.wmeac.org

Join WMEAC today!