E-M:/ Up coming LSC Programs

Hello All,
We thought you would be interested in knowing about the upcoming Leslie Science Center Programs for the month of September.  Give us a ring at 997-1075 to register or if you have questions.  You can also check out all the other fantastic programs LSC offers by following this link to the parks and rec brochure  (hint... LSC programs are listed on pages 16-18)  www.a2gov.org/parks

Starting Next Tuesday...

Bug Bonanza for the young naturalist.  4 and 5 year olds are invited to move with moths and crawl with caterpillars every Tuesday in September.  From 9:30-11 am on September 5,12,19,26  tykes will discover the wonderful world of insects and their relatives during this bug bonanza!  After meant insects through stories, we will sweep, shake dig and call for our buggy friends in the field, forest and pond. $43/$36 resident discount.  Pre registration is required at 997-1075

Tiny Tot Times from 9:30-11 on September 8th and the 22nd.  1-3 year olds with a care give are welcomed to join us for stimulating free play outdoors with fun filled hands=on nature activities to tickle the inner child in everyone.  We will discover and explore fields, forest and fauna with hikes, songs, stories, puppets, games, crafts and critters.  $6 per child, care giver is free

Bug Fest
Saturday, September 23 from 1-3 pm
Take an up-close look at these often miss understood animals.  We'll sweep, dig and dip for insects and their relatives in the field, forest and pond.  We'll take an in depth look at this incredible world.  $6 per person $25 per family.  Pre registration required at 991-1075

Nature Sing-a-Long Around the Campfire
Saturday, September 30 from 7-9 pm
Gather around the campfire to sing and celebrate songs written by Joe Reilly and LSC campers.  Natures music and stories with marshmallows and good friends will entertain us around the campfire.  Feel free to bring a camp chair and an adventurous spirit.  $6 per person $25 per family.  Pre registration required at 991-1075

Hope to see you soon!
francie

Francie Krawcke
Education Director and Raptor Curator