E-M:/ Proposed Live Fire zones in ferry crossing route

Enviro-Mich message from "Cynthia Price" <skyprice@gmail.com>

Anne Woiwode had earlier sent out a link to a PDF, and I cut and
pasted the beginning of the pertinent entry below. Kay, if you need
the PDF sent, contact me off-list.

SUMMARY: The Coast Guard proposes to establish safety zones throughout
the Great Lakes. These zones are intended to restrict vessels from
portions of the Great Lakes during live fire gun exercises that will
be conducted by Coast Guard cutters and small boats. These safety
zones are necessary to protect the public from the hazards associated
with the firing of weapons. DATES: Comments and related materials must
reach the Coast Guard on or before August 31, 2006. ADDRESSES: You may
mail comments and related material to Commander (dre) Ninth Coast
Guard District, 1240 E. 9th Street, Room 2069, Cleveland, OH 44199.
The Ninth Coast Guard District Planning and Development Section
(dpw-1) maintains the public docket for this rulemaking. Comments and
material received from the public, as well as documents indicated in
this preamble as being available in the docket, will become part of
this docket and will be available for inspection or copying between 8
a.m. (local) and 4 p.m. (local), Monday through Friday, except Federal
holidays. FORFURTHERINFORMATIONCONTACT: Commander Gustav Wulfkuhle,
Enforcement Branch, Response Division, Ninth Coast Guard District,
Cleveland, OH at (216) 902–6091.

Cynthia Price