Re: E-M:/ RE: / RE: / "Liquid Manure is Too Wet" -- So What is the Govt Doing About It?

Enviro-Mich message from williamtobler@critterswoods.org

>From my perspective, during the last 4 years there has been a limp wristed
application of existing water protection laws.  The MDEQ continues to
grant bad permits with little or no protections for either environment or
local society impacts by hiding behind absurd applications of Rule 98
(Antidegradation) and ignoring formal "Procedures", and by enforcing
little or nothing where obvious and gross violations exist.

About the only way to make it worse (and by this I mean much worse), is to
see DeVos become governor.  As Tom points out, just read DeVos own
campaign material and then read between the lines realizing that the
State's Republican party has been against just about ANY environmental
consideration no matter how minor, despite their glitzy campaign BS to the
contrary.

If we ever get an administration elected that actually cares, much of the
existing laws have to be "tweaked" so that it is much harder for the
bureaucrats to turn a blind eye like has been going on for the past 16
years and more.