E-M:/ Live fire training comments period extended

Enviro-Mich message from "Cynthia Price" <skyprice@gmail.com>

I got this press release from Rep. Pete Hoekstra's office late this
PM. I'm not acting as his publicist or anything, but thought, based on
extension, so I'm forwarding the whole release.

Cynthia Price
Editor, Norton-Lakeshore Examiner
Chair, Greater Grand Rapids Food Systems Council

Coast Guard Extends Public Comment Period for Firearms Training Zones by 60 Days

Hoekstra Also Intends to Request Public Meetings on the Proposal

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Coast Guard, at the request of U.S. Rep.
Pete Hoekstra, R-Holland, has extended by 60 days a public comment
period on a proposal to create 26 live-fire training zones on the
Great Lakes.

"I was surprised to learn of the Coast Guard's plans to create
firearms training zones on Lake Michigan and am disappointed that it
did not do more to inform the public," Hoekstra said. "I appreciate
its willingness to extend the public comment period by 60 days. I am
optimistic that the extension will provide people with more of an
opportunity to express their concerns and to learn more about the
proposal."

Hoekstra also said that he intends to request public meetings as well
to allow the Coast Guard to better explain the proposal and for area
citizens to request information.

-30-