Re: E-M:/ Live fire training comments period extended

....and...

All can see these maps for militarization of the Great Lakes at:

http://www.sagady.com/livefire

....sorry...I just don't buy the line that this is needed just because
of the latest Bush Administration effort to inject fear into
America and abrogate by "reinterpretation" a US/Canada treaty.

......"war on terror"   "drug war"   "'minutemen -- anti-immigrant movement".....
"islamic fascism"     "death tax"

It is all a bunch of "excrement" and fear mongering....

But..for a real "Edward R. Murrow -- Walter Cronkite" moment,
you can't beat this [requires internet explorer] Hit "launch" on the
video "of feeling morally and intellectually confused"
truly remarkable television
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12131617/

At 11:07 PM 08/31/2006, Cynthia Price wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Cynthia Price" <skyprice@gmail.com>
>
>I got this press release from Rep. Pete Hoekstra's office late this
>PM. I'm not acting as his publicist or anything, but thought, based on
>extension, so I'm forwarding the whole release.
>
>Cynthia Price
>Editor, Norton-Lakeshore Examiner
>Chair, Greater Grand Rapids Food Systems Council
>
>Coast Guard Extends Public Comment Period for Firearms Training Zones by 60 Days
>
>Hoekstra Also Intends to Request Public Meetings on the Proposal
>
>WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Coast Guard, at the request of U.S. Rep.
>Pete Hoekstra, R-Holland, has extended by 60 days a public comment
>period on a proposal to create 26 live-fire training zones on the
>Great Lakes.
>
>"I was surprised to learn of the Coast Guard's plans to create
>firearms training zones on Lake Michigan and am disappointed that it
>did not do more to inform the public," Hoekstra said. "I appreciate
>its willingness to extend the public comment period by 60 days. I am
>optimistic that the extension will provide people with more of an
>opportunity to express their concerns and to learn more about the
>proposal."
>
>Hoekstra also said that he intends to request public meetings as well
>to allow the Coast Guard to better explain the proposal and for area
>citizens to request information.
>
>-30-

657 Spartan Ave,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com