Re: E-M:/ Live fire training comments period extended

Enviro-Mich message from "Robert Isaac" <rjisaac@gmail.com>

It was asked in an earlier thread about this subject whether DU rounds
would be used, the weapons being trained with (assault rifles
including the M-16 and M-240 rifles) fire ammunition made from
Tungsten or Depleted Uranium.  The US military has moved away from
using lead in bullets, making the argument over lead moot.

Keep this in mind when sending your comments and concerns.

Why are they live-fire training on the Lakes anyway?  They do not need
firearms during search and rescue missions.  Canada is not going to
invade us, so the training is nothing more than a waste of time and
tax-payer money.