E-M:/ a diverting gubernatorial campaign issue

Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davedem@hotmail.com>

"The Great Lakes are our number one asset - the largest source of freshwater anywhere in the world. Dick does not favor Great Lakes water diversion. We have an abundant, renewable, sustainable resource in water that, if used intelligently here in Michigan, can create jobs. However, Dick will fight any diversion of water outside Michigan.?
?Dick DeVos Web site

"DeVos says the [bottled water] moratorium was a mistake. 'I thought that was a very negative message to be sent again to Michigan businesses,' he said. 'The real issue is about large-scale diversions.'"
?"Environmental issues bring out differences in governor's race?
Associated Press

Well, at least we've got that sorted out. DeVos will fight any diversion of water outside Michigan, as long as your definition of any really means just large-scale diversions.

http://www.themorningsun.com/stories/090106/loc_eric001.shtml