E-M:/ Exploring Our Local 'Big Wild' -- Tuesday, September 19 in Ann Arbor

There are some amazing places to hike in Washtenaw County.  But most people will never hear about them.  Join those "in the know" on Tuesday, September 19 when Barry Lonik presents Exploring Our Local 'Big Wild':  Five Unknown Hikes in the State Recreation Areas.

Newcomers are welcome to this free, family-friendly event, which begins at 7:30 pm at the lovely Matthaei Botanical Gardens.

After the presentation, you can mingle over refreshments with friendly people who share your interest in nature.  You can learn about local Sierra Club activities like hiking, skiing, and conservation projects.

We'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers for purchase by cash or check.  You can help stop sprawl at your favorite stores -- at no added cost to you.  Thanks to hundreds of participants, we contributed $43,000 to pass Michigan's boldest anti-sprawl initiative.  With your help, we'll do even more.

All are welcome; no membership is required.    Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Doug Cowherd
Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

The Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group's public programs are normally held on the third Tuesday of each month at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth roads, just east of Ann Arbor and US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public.

October 17:
"Michigan Wolves:  Past, Present, and Future"
                             Dorothy McLeer,
Timber Wolf Alliance and Environmental Interpretive Center, UM-Dearborn

For more information:
http://www.michigan.sierraclub.org/huron/