Re: E-M:/ Science must lead way, not religion

I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree.  Yes, science is important, must be heeded.  However, my concern about the earth started, when I saw the beauty of a sunset on the Great Lakes, when I wondered with awe how this beautiful land came into being.  I have a faith of sorts rooted in a respect for all of creation.  Furthermore, I have a source of strength that comes from experiences in meditation.

To bash religion is wrong.  The problem is those that wish to impose their "faith" and their philosophy on the rest of us and the rest of creation.  We need to respect everyone and everything, even those with whom we disagree.  Part of the solution to the mess we are in on earth, is due to a lack of love and respect for ourselves, each other and the earth and other creatures.  Let's remember a great inspirational man of Martin Luther King or Gandhi that healed with vision and not with anger.  Let's not let that anger run our lives, even though it may give us motivation and energy at times.

Also, being a person of God, Allah, Buddha, etc does not mean you disregard the scientific method, critical reasoning or rationality.  So don't think I am saying that.

peace,
joyce