Re: E-M:/ Science must lead way, not religion

Joyce you wrote:

    "I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree.  Yes, science is important, must be heeded.  However, my concern about the earth started, when I saw the beauty of a sunset on the Great Lakes, when I wondered with awe how this beautiful land came into being.  I have a faith of sorts rooted in a respect for all of creation.  Furthermore, I have a source of strength that comes from experiences in meditation."

I'm not sure I know what it is you disagree with.  I think by the rest of your paragraph that few scientists would disagree with hat you say.  However if I read HAMILTREEF's complaint, it was that DeVos and company strongly wish to supplant the technical evidence of how God has worked in this Universe with their particular understanding of how God created the earth, etc.

You as I feel very much the same and you said it very wonderfully:
     "about how the earth started, when I saw the beauty of a sunset on the Great Lakes, when I wondered with awe how this beautiful land came into being.  I have a faith of sorts rooted in a respect for all of creation.  Furthermore, I have a source of strength that comes from experiences in meditation."

Yet, if I read your email right, it seems that you believe that science precludes me from believing as you do.  One of my strongest feelings of witnessing God's creation came as I looked at streaming cytoplasm in a celery skin cell taken off a stalk and placed on my microscope.  I was utterly taken by the implausibility of this happening without divine guidance.  You and I may differ in our understanding of the mechanism of how God achieves this, but we do not differ in a conviction that it is God's work.

For me today, it is more useful to leave unsaid what I think of those who would have me disregard the beauty and marvel to be found in the wonderful complexity of tools God has used to make our world and universe :>)
S(He) has spoken to us through many voices and prophets - even the lowly celery plant!.  [Too bad the English language has no word for anything not male or female - I understand other languages do]

Joyce, as you said "peace",
Warm regards,
Chuck