E-M:/ UN DEcade of Ed. for Sustainable Development - speaker series

Enviro-Mich message from "Link, Terry" <link@mail.lib.msu.edu>

Michigan State University's ongoing speaker series that celebrates and supports the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014) kicks off Monday, October 2 at 7:30 pm in 107 S. Kedzie on the MSU campus. Dr. Harold Glasser, editor of the recently published Selected Works of Arne Naess , a Senior Fellow with the University Leaders for a Sustainable Future,and a professor of environmental studies at Western Michigan University  will speak on "Thoughts on Bridging the Gap Between Our Values and Our Everyday Actions: A Tribute to Arne Naess".

The series is free an open to the public thanks to the generous support of many campus sponsors.

Upcoming speakers in the series include:

October 9, Dr. David Korten,  author and founder of Positive Futures Network "The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community"
October 26, Susan Davis, Ashoka Institute and Grameen Foundation USA, "Social Entrepreneurship: Empowerment for Sustainable Development"
November 14, Michael Shuman, author "Going Local: Creating Self-Reliant Communities ina Global Age" and "The Small-Mart Revolution"

For more information visit our web page www.ecofoot.msu.edu or contact:

Terry Link, Director
Office of Campus Sustainability
Michigan State University