Re: E-M:/ New Michigan water export threat

Note that I'm just commenting here as a White River riparian located in the lower watershed.
This news of the Ice Mountain property search was suspected few months ago, but we held back until more information could dribble in.   It is tough for us to experience highs and lows in the same meeting.  For the good news we received our 319 grant to put together a watershed management plan.  The bad news is the Ice Mountain controversy.  How will that distract from putting together a good management plan for the future?  Also, crisis and controversy often sparks increase in membership.  The WRWP needs membership, but I would much prefer the fun projects to attract members not a regional fight situation.  The next year will be interesting with much work to be done.
Tom Hamilton