E-M:/ RE: / HAPPY TENTH BIRTHDAY, ENVIRO-MICH!!

Enviro-Mich message from "Rita Jack" <rita.jack@sierraclub.org>

Michigan Friends,

I remember sitting with several volunteers under a tree in the Upper
Peninsula at a Sierra Club executive committee meeting, as Alex described
his vision of this listserv, what he wanted it to be, how he thought it
could work.

Our mission during that meeting was to name the listserv!  We had several
ideas, we wanted the name to include the name of "Michigan" somehow, and
wanted it to include the word "environment" somehow...  I can't remember
some of the permutations that we came up with, other than some were awkward,
some were silly -- but Enviro-Mich seemed to be what we wanted, we kept
coming back to it.  And so it came to be.  And it's become the most powerful
tool that I know in the state to both let others know and to find out what's
going on, to alert the DEQ and other agencies, to inform the media, and to
find out what others think about any given situation.

Alex, you were right!  The dream was fulfilled!  Here's to another 10 years!

-Rita

Rita Jack
Water Sentinels Project, Sierra Club Michigan Chapter
tel:  517-484-2372

Make all Michigan's waters fishable and swimmable.