Re: E-M:/ SHAME -MNRTF Board of Trustees Sets Special Meeting for November 9

DNR officials and the Trustees of the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund should be ashamed of themselves for violating the public trust and allowing the destruction of Jean Klock Park in Benton Harbor.  The lack of backbone exhibited by DNR officials and Trust Fund Trustees is truly appalling.  Had Tom Washington been alive, I highly doubt that he would have succumbed to the short-sighted political deal which was behind this "conversion".

I recently attended the 30th Anniversary of the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund, and have supported the Trust Fund program for all of these years.  My trust in the members of the Trust Fund board and in the officials of the DNR, however, has now been highly eroded.

If there is any way to "right this wrong", the Trust Fund Board should place it high on their November 9th agenda.

Jack Smiley
Executive Director
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy