Re: E-M:/ From NASA Earth Observatory

Monthly reports here:

   http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/monitoring.html

...often mention actual displacements, normally from precipitation:

   http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/2001/aug/global_regional.html

If you like Google maps, this stuff may freak you out a bit:

   http://flood.firetree.net/

   http://blog.firetree.net/2006/05/18/more-about-flood-maps/

...you get to choose how deep it goes :-)

The sites go on and on, but this lists many conventional graphics:

   http://ccir.ciesin.columbia.edu/nyc/links_impacts_coastal.html

...note the politically correct header here:

   http://yosemite.epa.gov/OAR%5Cglobalwarming.nsf/content/ResourceCenterPublicationsSLRMapsIndex.html

   Please see EPA's Climate Change site for current information on
   climate change and global warming. EPA no longer updates EPA's
   Global Warming Site, but is maintaining this archive for
   historical purposes. Thank you for visiting the archive of
   EPA's Global Warming Site.

Thanks for gettin' them scientists on track, Dubya!   A heckuva job!

GS

Claire Maitre wrote:

> Enviro-Mich message from Claire Maitre <claireoleary@comcast.net>
>
> Does anyone have an image of the projected loss of coastal lands in
> North America due to rising sea levels?  I'd be interested in seeing
> a map of what would be lost, which populations would be displaced.
>
> Of interest as well would be to see the carrying capacity of those
> lands that appear to be nearly vacant.  People seeing these images
> may let themselves believe that we could all 'just' move without
> understanding the limited water and arable land that those low
> population regions represent.

     The best proof for a claim that terrorists are crazy or evil
     would be to acknowledge that the White House is full of them