Re: E-M:/ A dreadful year for acorns?

LN:

Yep; I've been aware of fluctuations from year to year.  We have so many
oaks, of so many species and ages, that the volume has always (20 years)
been sufficient for me to collect.  This is the first year there have
been, simply, no acorns.

Not Black, White, Red, Pin, Bur...

GS

"Larry D. Noodén" wrote:

> Enviro-Mich message from "Larry D. =?iso-8859-1?b?Tm9vZOlu?=" <ldnum@umich.edu>
>
> Yes, oaks and many nut-bearing trees produce heavy crops only once
> every several years.  This keeps the nut-predators down, and then
> eventually, they flood them with food, so more nuts survive.  The
> technical name is mast fruiting.  I am surprised that you have not seen
> it before; maybe there is some modulation by local weather.  In any
> case, you can be sure they will bear again sometime in the future.

     The best proof for a claim that terrorists are crazy or evil
     would be to acknowledge that the White House is full of them