E-M:/ CAFO program in TC

Title: LIVING A NIGHTMARE

LIVING A NIGHTMARE

Animal Factories in Michigan

Thursday, November 9

6:30pm – 8:30pm

Unitarian Universalist Church of Traverse City

6726 Center Rd., Traverse City

Industrial scale animal factories are contaminating our groundwater, polluting lakes and streams, pumping deadly emissions into our air, and threatening our food supply. Animal factories are spreading like a cancer throughout Michigan, bringing severe health impacts, environmental devastation and economic decline. We have the power to change this!

Join Michigan Sierra Club Legislative Director Gayle Miller for a showing of the Sierra Club’s powerful documentary, "Living a Nightmare: Animal Factories in Michigan." The film tells the story of Hillsdale and Lenawee County residents whose health and livelihoods are being harmed by industrial agriculture. An engaging discussion on the ramifications of industrial animal factories will follow the 24 minute film. Learn why the boom in ethanol production may fuel a corresponding boom in factory farms – even in currently unaffected areas like northern Michigan.

Join us for this special program!  Find out what you can do to help protect your food supply, stop factory farm pollution and protect our environment! For more info, call: (517) 484-2372.

~Monica Evans

   Traverse Group of the Sierra Club