E-M:/ Cross-border CAFO effects

Folks:

>From the 2006-11-05 Fort Wayne Journal (IN), excerpts from a letter
reminding us that Michigan is not the only CAFO target.  Our neighbors
(in this case, LaGrange County, Indiana) share the same concerns and
political obstacles.

   http://service.nexcerpt.com/r_text.php?article_id=57420731 (text)

   http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/news/editorial/15936322.htm

   ..."The most amazing point of this meeting was that IDEM [Indiana
   Department of Environmental Management] included two engineers
   employed by Vreba-Hoff Dairy Development, a franchiser of farm
   factories, to be on their panel...

   ...Apparently, the only experts allowed to give information
   about an industry that affects the citizens of LaGrange County
   will be from IDEM or those hired by Vreba-Hoff and who will
   receive a financial gain as a result."

   BARBARA HEDGES
   Wall Lake Orland

LaGrange County is drained entirely by the St. Joe (much by tributaries
to the Pigeon) which then traverses St. Joseph, Cass, and Berrien
Counties on its way to Lake Michigan.

   http://www.stjoeriver.net/wmp/tasks/counties.htm

Given the many predictable downstream effects, I wonder whether Michigan
representatives have been invited to participate.

GS

     The best proof for a claim that terrorists are crazy or evil
     would be to acknowledge that the White House is full of them