E-M:/ RE: / Ideas Consumers Can Truly Use

Enviro-Mich message from "John Rebers" <jrebers@nmu.edu>

Here are suggestions from http://an-inconvenient-truth.com/whatyoucando.html

The web site has fancier formatting than below.

You can also go to Go to
http://yosemite.epa.gov/oar/globalwarming.nsf/content/ActionsIndividual.html
for more information about what individuals can do to make a difference in
the environment.

What You Can Do

	Buy energy-saving appliances.
Look for the ?ENERGY STAR? label when you shop. Visit www.energystar.gov for
more information.

	Install efficient shower heads.
Or at least clean your older shower head to help reduce carbon dioxide
emissions and water use

	Lower the temperature in your hot water tank to 120 degrees.

	Insulate your home, hot water heater, and all water pipes.

	Recycle cans, bottles, paper, plastic, and newspapers to reduce
carbon dioxide emissions. If your community doesn?t offer recycling
services, request them.

	Buy products that are made of recycled materials.
Including recycled paper for your printer.

	Keep car tires inflated.
This cuts down on fuel costs, unnecessary emissions, and lengthens the life
of your tires.

	If buying a new car, invest in a hybrid.
If you live in a city and do a lot of stop-and-go driving, the new hybrids
are a great way to help cut back on emissions.

	Plant deciduous trees around your home to increase shade and lower
carbon amounts. Reforestation ? even in your own back yard ? is one of the
best ways to balance your personal emissions.

	Invest in ?Green Power? for electricity in your home.
See www.epa.gov/greenpower for more information.

John Rebers