Re: E-M:/ RE: / green plants, fossil fuels, biofuels

Enviro-Mich message from Sarah Alexis Westerman <sarah78@wayne.edu>

I read this article with great interest because I have heard the article against corn many times.  My question is, isn't corn supposed to be a small step toward lessening our oil dependency?  I never assumed it to be "the answer," as we have just now begun to make advances and increase our consciousness of the issues.  Is it really necessary to totally shun corn, when we could at least make minimal use of it while we continue on our search for better energy?

That being said, the article was very well-written, one of the most thorough arguments against corn I've read yet.