Re: E-M:/ Science Teacher Association and Exxon

Boy, this brought back memories of my high school environmental science class in New Jersey during the energy crisis of the mid-70s. Since there was no textbook for such a class back then, that we had anyway, our teacher used anything she could find and relied on Exxon brochures to teach about energy. A classmate and I would debate her for using these materials and we'd bring in information from the environmental organizations we were active in, and share them with classmates to counter the Exxon lies.  I think the teacher's husband worked for Exxon. Their stuff didn't fool high school kids back then.

LuAnne Kozma
Novi

Bruce Vigneault <veeman60@chartermi.net> wrote:
Thank you very much for sharing this.  It is an 'eye opener' at face value.  As a science teacher of 31 years I planned on buying my own copy of the DVD for use in my classroom anyway.  But it is disappointing to find an organization that I have gained so much from over the years, being influenced by Exxon's effort to discredit science.  I will share this with my colleagues.

Bruce Vigneault