E-M:/ RE: / Science Teacher Association and Exxon

Enviro-Mich message from "Savoie, Kathryn" <KSavoie@accesscommunity.org>

Alex, thanks for sharing this. It is disturbing to see ExxonMobil's
efforts to influence the teaching of science to our kids -- as well as
their efforts to "finance confusion" on the science of global warming.

I bet there are many teachers who would like to have that free DVD of An
Inconvenient Truth. For those who are interested, here is another
option, at least for those in Michigan.

I just returned from the Climate Project's training on climate crisis,
led by Al Gore and a team of educators and scientists (which included
Michigan's Henry Pollack), I received a copy of Al Gore's presentation
(based on the presentation seen in An Inconvenient Truth), and training
on the science of climate change.

In exchange, I have made a commitment to deliver the presentation to at
least 10 groups over the coming year, although my personal goal is to do
more than that. I would be very pleased to speak to high school
students, and offer the presentation (free of course!) to any group that
would like to invite me.

Kathryn Savoie, Ph.D.
Environmental Program Director

Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS)
6450 Maple Street
Dearborn MI 48126
(313) 216-2225
ksavoie@accesscommunity.org