Re: E-M:/ FW: Press release: Michigan Leaders to Grow State's Alternative Fuel Industry

For Immediate Release: November 30, 2006

...snip...
"We are determined to make Michigan a leader when it comes to producing
both alternative fuels and the technologies that harness them," said
Granholm.  "This new industry will produce tens of thousands of good
paying jobs, and we want to see those jobs in Michigan."

Members of the commission include representatives from state government,
universities, the automotive and agriculture industries and private
businesses. The commission will present formal recommendations to the
governor in summer 2007.
...snip...

I hope those formal recommendations take more cognicance of the true fossil energy costs of a "alternative fuels industry" than did this press release. It would be futile to have a thriving alternative fuels industry that in fact makes little, no, or negative impact on the use of fossil fuels, or impacts food and feed production negatively.

--Rane L Curl