E-M:/ RE: / Bush relaxes environmental regulations

Folks, I hope I’m not being naïve – but is this something he can just do?  Is there a way to reverse this under the federal Clean Water Act?  Obviously, this is outrageous.  We’re already seeing feminized fish, frogs, salamanders, turtles, other aquatic or semi-aquatic animals.  More pesticides and other chemicals in our waters will worsen this effect, and hasten their decline.  Will we see these animals disappear altogether in our lifetimes?

Our Great Lakes are literally near the tipping point of no return – we in Michigan and in the Great Lakes Basin cannot afford more stressors to the Lakes, or to any of their connecting waters.  What can be done in Michigan to stop this from happening here?

-Rita

Rita Jack

Water Sentinels Project, Sierra Club Michigan Chapter

tel:  517-484-2372

Make all Michigan's waters fishable and swimmable.