[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Proud Lake State Recreation Area on the auction block
- Subject: E-M:/ Proud Lake State Recreation Area on the auction block
- From: LuAnne Kozma <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:43:41 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=Z5JqNflVE9Zm3n/YeXRjOQXMk5+Jc1+MJBCz3csP8BLnBHY2c89UvulPf+tO033pMmLxE4IwW7Y5x4bKB3PqwKoqyjzCtdg7EOEhUSLvI68fW/QyDq4hLpAXiRJGnKfCbldnEll22CX1WFZ+bXy9wPoy5MULhjdU3vVn1Aci9zw=;
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: LuAnne Kozma <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tomorrow night DNR holds a public hearing for Oakland County and Proud Lake State Recreation Area that it wants to sell.
I'm forwarding this press release from Save Our State Lands. If you can't make it to the hearing, please send comments to DNR as described below.
SAVE OUR STATE LANDS SOS
Commerce Township, Michigan
December 4, 2006
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Ellen Smith
248 - 363-2592, email@example.com
DNR IDENTIFIES PROPERTIES TO BE SOLD IN OAKLAND COUNTY
The DNR has identified 132
parcels of land throughout Oakland County, totaling more than 679 acres, that it plans to dispose of as part of its Land Consolidation Strategy. DNR has announced it will hold its public hearing to receive comments on the sale of these properties in Oakland County on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 at 6:00 p.m., at the Oakland County Sportsmen's Club, 4770 Waterford Road, Clarkston, Michigan.
Of the 679 acres, one parcel is the 564-acre
portion of the Proud Lake State Recreation Area in Commerce Township that the DNR states no longer fulfills its mission. For the past two years, when it was learned the park was slated for sale, local residents, Oakland County officials and Township officials have appealed to the DNR and Governor Granholm to spare the park because of its natural resource, recreational and open space value to the county and region. DNR has appraised it for sale at $13.5 million based on the property being rezoned for residential/commercial development. It is currently zoned as a Public Recreation District.
In January 2007, the DNR will submit its recommendations to the Natural Resources Commission (NRC), and in February 2007 the NRC's recommendation will be forwarded to DNR Director Rebecca Humphries for final review. After February, the sale of the parcels will go forward.
The Oakland County
Sportsmen's Club is located at:
4770 Waterford Road, north of Dixie Highway (US-24), just past
Andersonville Road. Phone: 248-623-0444
For those unable to attend the meeting, comments may be mailed to:
DNR Parks & Recreation Division, Attention: Mr. Ron Olson, P.O. Box 30257,
Lansing, MI 48909-7757,
or sent via e-mail to: DNR-LandReview@michigan.gov
# # #
Defense of Place Michigan
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around