[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Brighton State Recreation Area on the auction block
- Subject: E-M:/ Brighton State Recreation Area on the auction block
- From: LuAnne Kozma <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 04:46:07 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=h20MeU8QA9BL1jXkCq3l1qp0JzKmsV+gqLDja8nDziTUx0D3/R8yxuSwAQuIU3sDnUZb0vfSDXCEUh5sO5v6XsBBZX4yVJxHXwv58S4qt6okLPsmCI28Mgj5CpDt/RYMF8seFJCzSIUHKgfwu7TkiLNLfvwfQqFMSW/E6LWOgsM=;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: LuAnne Kozma <firstname.lastname@example.org>
'Tis the season to sell the state's public parkland.
Brighton State Recreation Area is also on the State's auction block. A public hearing for Livington County will take place Wed, December 13 in Howell.
Friends of Brighton Recreation have been fighting to protect this parkland for several years. An article in today's Detroit News covers both the Proud Lake and Brighton State Recreation Area park sale controversies and the public hearings:
Genoa, Commerce townships fighting DNR's land-sale plan
For details of the locations of the hearings, see the DNR's website:
- Oakland County- Clarkston. Tuesday, Dec. 12, from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Oakland County Sportsman's Club, 4770 Waterford Road in Clarkston.
- Livingston County - Howell. Wednesday, Dec. 13, from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Media Center at the Howell Public High School Freshman Campus, 1400 West Grand River Avenue in Howell.
- Kent and Montcalm counties - Rockford. Thursday, Dec. 14, from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Oakfield Township Hall, 10300 14 Mile Road.
Defense of Place Michigan
Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.