Re: E-M:/ Fundamentalists attack on science

"Alex J. Sagady & Associates" wrote:

> First they came for the evolutionary biologists.....
>
> Now, they are after the public land managers, geologists and climate scientists....
>
> http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/12/29/0303/0561

I presume you were leading into paraphrasing Niemöller, who ended:

   Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.

   When they came to get me, there was no one left to protest.

Any triumph of fundamentalism over reason is a dangerous prospect.
(Taken to its extreme, some fundamentalists fly planes into buildings,
while others launch World War III.)

Returning the attack rather angrily, but good reading nonetheless:

   The God Delusion (Hardcover)
   by Richard Dawkins

   http://www.amazon.com/God-Delusion-Richard-Dawkins/dp/0618680004

   The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason
(Hardcover)
   by Sam Harris

   http://www.amazon.com/End-Faith-Religion-Terror-Future/dp/0393035158

Rather less hostile, and more convincing to many:

   Sense And Goodness Without God: A Defense of Metaphysical Naturalism
(Paperback)
   by Richard Carrier

   http://www.amazon.com/Sense-Goodness-Without-God-Metaphysical/dp/1420802933

GS

     The best proof for a claim that terrorists are crazy or evil
     would be to acknowledge that the White House is full of them