E-M:/ Disturbing weather, peak oil, and good books

Enviro-Mich message from Craig_Riley@URSCorp.com

With what feels like the most uncomfortable 50deg weather I have ever felt
in my life, I am in the midst of reading a book that is maybe all too in
sync with its forecast.  I recommend everyone check out the book Post
Petroleum Survival Guide and Cookbook by Albert K. Bates.  My reading of
the book comes upon a Christmas day, holiday, New Years etc where SE
Michigan found itself under a (un)comfortable blanket of 50deg and fog,
rain, and humidity.  In fact, gee there is the same weather today through
the weekend.  I have never felt so much uneasiness, discomfort, and anxiety
at the warmth of 50deg weather.

I'm sure there are many many others on this list feeling the same way...so
I thought I would at least share a good book to read (by candlelight)...

I wonder what wunderground has to say about this weather...

Craig

"In the latter half of the 20th century, animal, insect, and plant
populations migrated from the equator toward the poles at an average rate
of about four miles per decade.  Lately, global warming has been leaving
them in the dust.  From 1970 to 2000, the regions in which a given average
temperature prevails (isotherms) have been moving poleward at a rate of
about 35 miles per decade.  That pace is expected to step up to 70 miles
per decade in the years to come.  This speed, and barriers like urban
sprawl, highways, deforestation, and industrial agriculture, spell
extinction for less mobile species and, ultimately, for any ecosystems that
depended on them."
-Albert Bates (from The Post-Petroleum Survival Guide and Cookbook)