E-M:/ RE: Global Warming Presentations in Michigan

Enviro-Mich message from "Savoie, Kathryn" <KSavoie@accesscommunity.org>

I guess some people had trouble finding this information on the Climate
project web site, so I am posting the details below. The presentations
listed are all open to the public. Please feel free to share with
interested persons. Thank you.
Kathryn Savoie

January 31, 7:30 pm.
Normal Park Neighborhood Association, Ypsilanti
Senior/Community Center, Recreation Park,
1015 N. Congress, at Oakwood Street, Ypsilanti
Global Warming Presentation & Discussion

February 8, 6:00 pm. - 8:00 p.m.
Southwest Detroit Environmental Vision
Odd Fellows Building, 8701 W. Vernor, Detroit
Global Warming Presentation & Discussion
Contact SDEV, (313) 842-1961 office

February 11, 12:30 lunch, 1:30-4:30 film and discussion
Kalamazoo Unitarian Church
1758 North 10th Street, Kalamazoo
Showing of an An Inconvenient Truth & Discussion
Contact Person: 	Phil Kramer, 269-342-9617

February 13, 6:00 - 8:00 pm.
Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS)
At the National Arab American Museum, 13624 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn
Global Warming Presentation & Discussion
I will be joined by Shadia Wood & Nia Robinson, from the Campus Climate
Challenge, who will talk about what young people are doing about global
warming across the county.
Contact Person: 	Kathryn Savoie  (313) 216-2225

February 21, 6:30- 7:45 pm.
Central Michigan University, Mt Pleasant, Michigan
Global Warming Presentation to Environmental Science Class, 305 Brooks
Hall
Contact Person: 	Thomas K. Rohrer, Asst. Prof. & Director,
tom.rohrer@cmich.edu

February 22, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 pm.
Inland Seas Education Association Center
100 Dame St., Suttons Bay, MI  49682
Global Warming Presentation
Contact : Inland Seas Education Association, phone: (231) 271-3077

March 3, Saturday, 9:00 AM - 11:0 AM
Interfaith Forum on Global Warming
St Philip Lutheran Church
1790 Fort Street, Trenton MI
Global Warming Presentation, followed by Panel Discussion on Church
Leadership on Global Warming and Practical Next Steps
Contact Person:  	John Hartig, hartigs@wideopenwest.com

March 27, 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Lansing Community College
Conference: "Educating for Global Citizenship"
Presentation on Global Warming, and performance by musicians Joe Reilly
and Will Copeland, including their new release, "Burning" about
addiction to fossil fuels, and global warming.
Contact Person: 	Stephen Appiah-Padi, Ph.D., appiahps@lcc.edu

Kathryn Savoie, Ph.D.
Environmental Program Director

Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS)
6450 Maple Street
Dearborn MI 48126
(313) 216-2225
ksavoie@accesscommunity.org