Re: E-M:/ population as an environmental issue

Doug Welker wrote:

> However, if there is a current environmental problem under
> discussion, and war or overpopulation can be shown to be a direct
> cause of that specific environmental problem, then I feel it is not
> inappropriate for one to mention that fact on enviro-mich.  However,
> I would not support discussions specifically on either war or
> overpopulation.

That'll deny us two intriguing debates:

   1) whether enough war could reduce global population
   2) whether too much population is causing global war

...and where the war/population ratio will come to balance.  Seriously.

Besides, you hit the nail on the head in your sig.

   What's the ultimate cause of war (other than, perhaps, insanity)?
   What's the ultimate reason that population harms the environment?

> Never underestimate the power of human greed.

I'd say we're discussing _greed_ nearly every day -- although it's
usually subsumed under "Vreba Hoff," "Nestle," "Liberty Renewaable
Fuels," "Harbor Shores," "Comprehensive Environ-mental Solutions," and
on and on...

I'd add "George Bush," but might start a "war AND insanity" thread!

GS

     The best proof for a claim that terrorists are crazy or evil
     would be to acknowledge that the White House is full of them