Re: E-M:/ population as an environmental issue

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Gary Stock wrote:

...snip...
I'd say we're discussing _greed_ nearly every day -- although it's
usually subsumed under "Vreba Hoff," "Nestle," "Liberty Renewaable
Fuels," "Harbor Shores," "Comprehensive Environ-mental Solutions," and
on and on...

All of which problems have some basis in overpopulation, which magnifies the impact of greed.

The main reason not to discuss overpopulation here is that it is something that is nearly impossible to do anything intentional about, so we might as well just address its consequences and figure out how to live with it (which, of course, is ultimately impossible).

Oops! Have I just discussed overpopulation?

--Rane L Curl